Do you want to take a leading role in a fast growing Consultancy – Get in touch!
We are a Human Factors consultancy that is quickly emerging as leading player in the industry. We perform studies around the world and serve many of the world’s leading manufacturers of medical products. We are searching for a Principal level Human Factors Engineer to join our team.
We need someone who’ll make a difference! For this role you’ll need to have been in a previous Human Factors roles for at least 5+yrs.
As a Principal Human Factors Engineer you will be in a client-facing role and will be responsible for Human Factors projects, applying your knowledge of human factors to the development and testing of a range of medical products, from drug delivery devices to surgical instruments. You will apply your understanding of HF principles, practices and regulations to support our client’s development programs and regulatory filings. In addition, as a Principal of the organization you’ll take a leading role in business development and company operations management.
Perform Human Factors activities for our clients, including:
- Manage Human Factors studies to test the usability of medical products:
- Design and setup studies (write study documents, manage the project plan and manage third-party suppliers).
- Conduct studies (interview study participants and collect data).
- Analyze study results, write study reports and present results to our clients.
- Evaluate how products and their instructions can be improved.
- Perform task analyses and use related risk analyses for medical products.
- Write regulatory documentation.
- Create proposals for Human Factors activities and present them to clients.
- Present the company to clients and represent the company at international conferences.
- Establish and maintain strong client and supplier relationships.
Skills and Knowledge
- A positive and proactive attitude is top of our list.
- An applicable education, ideally a university degree (Bachelors, Masters, PhD) in Psychology, Human Factors Engineering, User Experience, Product design or a related field.
- You must enjoy interacting with and understanding others. Empathy and good people skills are a core skill for this job.
- Since most of our clients are large international companies, strong written and verbal English skills are required.
- We work in a regulated industry; therefore, detail focus is important for the role.
- Flexibility, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- You should have an interest in medicine and medical products. Ideally, you have prior experience of working in medical human factors or another regulated industry.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus.
- Flexibility with working arrangements.
- An office in central Hamburg and London.
- High degree of freedom and responsibility from the beginning.
- Exposure, we work with some of the world’s leading medical companies.
- Career development, this is a real opportunity to take a leading role in a rapidly growing company.
Up to 30% international travel may be required.
Please get in touch for more information or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also interested in hearing from persons with a clinical background (e.g. nurses) looking for a change in direction.